Updated: Jul 16, 2020
Losing weight is always a controversial topic. Many opinions are laid out by many people. But doesn’t it all seem confusing? Like, come on. We all just need one clear plan to stick to. Fear no more, for you have reached the perfect place. I'm not going to beat the bush. Here are the 5 ways on how to lose thigh fat at home. To be honest, losing thigh fat is more of hard work and smart work combined. Every weight loss plan is composed of diet and exercise.
1. Diet (the various YES and NOs)
2. Exercises (8 exercises)
1.DIET: As concerned with diet, you need to do the following steps,
1. Stick with a balanced diet
2. Atkins Diet
3. Low-Calorie Diet
4. Ketogenic diet
5. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetable
6. Drink plenty of water and stay rehydrated all the time
1. STICK WITH A BALANCED DIET:
A healthy and balanced diet includes foods such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, dairy, fruits, and vegetables. The food pyramid is an interesting topic that we learn from small ages. It plays an important role in our bodies.
I have mentioned about carbohydrates in another blog. The role of carbohydrates metabolism influences our craving and diet. Insulin has an excellent role in our bodies. But sometimes, it causes more trouble. Carbohydrates when digested become glucose while entering the bloodstream. Insulin is the control checker for sugar levels in the blood. it tends to increase to gain control in reducing the sugar level. Foods containing carbohydrates (bread, rice, dairy products) when digested release a lot of sugar in the bloodstream. This leads to increased production of insulin in our body. The natural mechanism of insulin in our body tend to inhibit our adipose tissues to release fat. It is done to enhance the breakdown of sugar. As a result, the fat stores in our fat tissues and doesn’t come out. Insulin makes sure the body doesn’t use up fat as energy and instead of sugar. As a result, while hungry the body craves carbs again. Insulin thus increases again and thus creating this vicious cycle.
SO, WHAT TO DO? AVOID SUGARY PRODUCTS. INCLUDE LOW CARB DIET LIKE UNPROCESSED HIGH PROTEIN MEATS AND FISH, LOW CARB GREENY VEGETABLES.
Proteins are nothing but a bunch of amino acids. These help in constructing our body frameworks rather than helping as a source of energy. It should be taken into consideration that eating a lot of protein is a good thing. A high intake of protein can boost our metabolism. As a result, our calories are used up. In fact, eating proteins instead of carbohydrates and fats is helpful in decreasing our hunger hormone. Decreasing our appetite sure reduce our calorie intake. It’s a win-win, right?
For losing weight, a daily protein intake between 1.6 and 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram is recommended.
SO, WHAT TO DO? INCLUDE FOODS LIKE LEAN MEATS, CHEESE, BEANS, AND LEGUMES.
Fatty food is considered bad when in reality they are the best way to lose weight and be healthy. Ah! But remember I'm talking about “good fat” and not those “bad fat”. Bad fat is LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein). These are harmful to our bodies and cause liver complications. Fast foods, butter, coconut oil, and processed food contains VDL. These foods should be avoided at all costs.
Yet, on the bright side, we have the HDL (High-Density Lipoproteins). These fats keep our cholesterol in check and improve our hearts. Food rich in HDL is olive oil, legumes, seeds, fatty fish.
Speaking of fish, fatty fish oil, or omega 3 oil is beneficial. They prevent and manage heart diseases.
SO, WHAT TO DO? AVOID FAST FOODS AND INCLUDE FISH FAT, OLIVE OIL, AND LEGUMES IN DIET.
2. ATKINS DIET:
Atkins diet is nothing but consuming low carbs for the sole purpose of losing weight.
What to include:
1. Lean meats: Beef, pork, lamb, chicken, and others.
2. Fatty fish and seafood:
4. Low-carb vegetables:
5. Full-fat dairy: Butter, cheese, cream, full-fat yogurt.
6. Nuts and seeds:
7. Healthy fats: Extra virgin olive oil,
What to avoid:
2. Grains: Wheat, rice.
3. Vegetable oils: Soybean oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, canola oil, and a few others.
4. Trans fats: Usually found in processed foods
3. LOW-CALORIE FOOD:
Intake of low-calorie foods is good in losing thigh fat. Foods of low caloric value include water, tea, salad greens, soup broth, mushrooms, strawberries, vegetable soup, whole grain toast, cod, eggs, and low-fat cottage cheese.
4. Ketogenic Diet:
These diets are higher in fat and lower in protein. Intake of excess protein has disadvantages. These proteins convert into glucose, and this is what we have been trying to avoid in step 1.
5. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables:
Fruits and vegetables have a lot of water. Eating them is good because they have no calories. The fruits help in flushing the toxins out of our bodies.
6. Drink plenty of water and stay rehydrated all the time:
Drinking water is effortless, cheap, efficient, and it's an unlimited resource! Water helps in removing toxins, excreting unnecessary compounds, carry nutrients to cells. They keep our body rehydrated. 2L of water is recommended every day.
Side-lying double leg lifts
Sumo goblet squat
1.BURPEES: Burpees are an excellent fat-burning exercise. Perform them 10-20 times for the best results.
1. Get into a squat position with your palms flat on the ground.
2. Then kick your feet back and get into a plank position, while keeping your arms extended.
3. Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
4. Then stand up from the squat position.
2. LUNGES: Lunge helps in strengthening the inner thigh and stabilize the hip. Doing this improves posture.
1. Start by standing upright.
2. Now move your left leg behind to the right so that your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you were curtsying. While bending, join your palms together.
3. Repeat the same with your right leg.
3. GLUTES KICKBACKS: As the name suggests, this exercise strengthens your glute muscles.
1. Start by getting down on all fours with your hands under your shoulders.
2. Make sure that your back remains straight and parallel to the floor. kick your heel up toward the ceiling. Hold this position for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
3. Repeat with the other leg.
4. FROG JUMPS: Frog jumps are all about jumping like a frog. It may seem easy. This is an effective exercise that engages your quads, glutes, and hip flexors. To burn off that extra fat that makes your inner thighs look unattractive, give frog jumping a shot.
1. Start by standing straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Now squat all the way down to the ground and place your hands in front of you.
3. Hold this position for a second or 2.
4. Now jump up and forward as a frog does.
5. Upon landing, absorb the energy by bending your knees and sitting into your hips.
5. JUMPING JACKS:
1. Start doing jumping jacks by standing straight.
2. During the jump, raise your arms over your head and jump with your feet spreading away from each other.
6. Side-lying double leg lifts:
1. Lie straight on one side of the body. Rest your head and neck on your bottom arm.
2. Keep your toes glued together and pointed away from the body.
3. Now lift both your legs upward as high as possible. The legs should always remain stacked together.
4. Hold for about 2 seconds before coming back to the starting position.
7. SUMO SQUATS: Great for getting rid of even the most stubborn belly fat, thigh, and butt.
1. Start by spreading your feet wider than your shoulders and position your feet at a 45-degree angle.
2. Now perform a 90-degree angle squat while raising your hands to meet under your chin.
3. Then come halfway up before squatting down again.
4. You may also hold a weight while doing it to increase its efficacy.
8. REVERSE PLANK:
1. Look up to the ceiling, point your toes by keeping your arms and legs straight.
2. Keep your entire body strong and form a straight line from head to toe.
3. Squeeze your core and try to pull your belly button back toward your spine.
4. If your hips sag or drop, lower yourself back to the floor.
So, the main point to remember is;
1. Cut carbs, bad fats, sugar
2. Have a balanced diet
3. Drink plenty of water
4. Eat proteins like legumes, green leaves
5. Do exercises that strengthen inner thigh and thus shaping them.